What if they pick me?

I'm putting myself out there.  I am submitting an application to make display board samples for OnStage in November 2016!  I'm so nervous even writing this blog post.  What if they don't pick me? What if the DO pick me?  But I've worked hard this week,  have really pushed myself creatively and I'm in love with the things I've made, so I'm proud to share them with you.

The application requires three card fronts, one scrapbook page, and two 3-D items.  I had the three card fronts made when I realized that they were all three yellow and green!  So I made a fourth card today with my new BFF, Peekaboo Peach.

Here are the three card fronts.

I think Pun Intended is one of my favorite stamp sets.  I used Peekaboo Peach, Playful Palette paper stack, and copper embossing powder.  Don't the people you love inspire you?





I love how people have been stacking stripes of washi tape from one of the washi tape sets.  I thought the pineapple would look great with green stripes behind it, so I stacked all of the same color on the card.  Oh, and I used orange sequins from an old Halloween Paper Pumpkin!  Save the extras, they come in handy.



And here's my favorite!  It's inspired by plates from the Crate & Barrel catalog. LOL  The plates had such a Moroccan Nights feel, but were in bright summery colors that I just couldn't resist.  I even made a tassel.
















I scrapbooked the pages of Jessica and me at the 10 Nautical Miler race in Millington, TN.  It was a horrible race, hot and boring and yes, we are awesome to have finished it! My race number should have been a clue.



See, I do love the Pun Intended stamps!  The camera is my favorite one.  I embossed the camera and the light flashes in silver and used the Playful Palette paper stack to add contrast to the black background. Look at the washi tape around the edges.

I was so intimidated by the 3-D items, but then I ended up having so much fun making them!  The kitty cat gift bag (or as my son says, the hello kitty gift bag) was so cute that my son (my 26 year old son!) and I started giggling and laughing and couldn't quit!  The party hat ended up being harder that I thought it would be, but I'm happy with the finished product!



Look at this cute kitty gift bag!  She has rhinestone eyes, because, of course she does.  The Sweet Sugarplum ribbon actually looks good against the Watermelon Wonder paper, who would have thunk it!





This hat!  It took forever.  I had a failure before I got to this, but still.  Look how cute it turned out, though!  I used the Pop of Pink DSP, Pop of Paradise Stamp Set, Sweet Sugar Plum, Flirty Flamingo, and Bushing Bride ink, and the only ribbon in the right color that I could find!
























So there they are, my application pieces.  I hope you like them!  Leave me a comment below to tell me what your favorite is!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts