My Super Secret DSP Project

For the July Paper Made Prettier Team meeting, the creative challenge was to make something with the new Designer Series Paper.  Ah, my interest was piqued, I love playing around with DSP!  Then on Saturday afternoon I went to Tuesday Morning for some 4th of July stuff (nothing like the last minute!) and saw a whole section of book boxes.  Yes!  Perfect!  I bought the smallest one because I only had a week to get it
 finished.  I vacillated between the Moroccan DSP and the Affectionately Yours DSP.  They both have great potential.

When I pulled out the Affectionately Yours DSP pages with the copper embossing on them, I decided they were perfect! I used the sheet with the large flowers for the cover and the tan one with the smaller flowers for the binding part.  I also used one of the non-embossed pages inside the book.

I cut out flowers from the DSP to embellish the book.  I added calypso coral, night of navy, and blushing bride pieces cut out with the Sunshine wishes thinlits and the layering squares framelits.

And then, because I'm who I am and can't stop at just eleventy hundred steps, I covered the flowers and the cardstock elements with crystal effects.  The flower elements needed the crystal effects to stiffen them because I wanted to attach them with Stampin' Dimensionals and also because shiny is better!  And once you do some, why not do everything shiny!!

I worked on it in stages, but for some reason didn't take any pictures of those steps.

This has been a long post without pictures; thanks for hanging in there with me.  

Enjoy the Book of Love!
Love book made by Spread Joy Stamping using Affectionately Yours DSP.
Here's the cover with all of my crystal effects elements.

Love book created by Spread Joy Stamping using Affectionately Yours DSP
In this view you can see that the flowers have height

Inside of Love Book with Affectionately Yours DSP created by Spread Joy Stamping
The inside wasn't forgotten.  It got coordinating paper and some embellishments

Affectionately Yours DSP covered and embellished book box by Spread Joy Stamping
The spine reminds you to love!




















Thanks for stopping by and reading all of the words!  

Joyful Stamping,

Elizabeth

Comments

  1. I am so glad I got to put my hands on this project. I love it and it could be a very cool gift. I am going to branch out a little try this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts