You Say It's Your Birthday

Well it's my birthday, too!

My birthday was Saturday and I had a crafty birthday party for myself!  I decorated using the Festive Birthday DSP (141630) and some cute mini donkey pinatas that I found at Hobby Lobby.  My birthday cake even had "Fiesta Like There's No MaƱana" on it!

M'Liss gave me a cute wine glass and Cindy made me a perfect card (you'll see why later!).  I had seven (yes, seven) projects prepared for us to make.  They included a party hat, three cards, a clear gift box, a Halloween treat bag, and a Christmas popcorn box!  Crazy, I know!  It took us four hours to finish, but that included cake and ice cream time!

Here we are in our party hats.  They were all such good sports to make and wear their hats.
It's a Fiesta!


festive birthday party hat and cacti card
Festive Birthday Bash!
I saw this card on Pinterest and fell in love with it.  I didn't have any of the things from Festive Birthday Suite before...but now I have it all; just so we could make this card.  Because, how cute are these musical cacti?  Super cute!

I'm so in love with this card!  I think this card will be my swaps for OnStage Local in Kansas City.












I love the words that come with some of the thinlits.  I think they make a card or project so special.  I ended up making two cards with them.  The first one uses the Sweet Cupcake and Cupcake Cutouts Framelits Bundle (142232) and the second one uses the Fox Builder Punch (141470) and the Hello You Thinlits (137363).  The fox card would be an adorable baby boy card, don't you think?

spread joy stamping cards using foxy friends and sweet cupcake
I love thinlits words!


The Foxy Friends card uses the A Little Foxy DSP stack (141637), the Fox Builder Punch, the Foxy Friends Stamp Set (141549), and Smoky Slate 1/8" Stitched Ribbon (141687). I love how the vine stamp is sized to perfectly frame the fox!

I wanted a Flirty Flamingo cupcake...but theres's no large format Flirty Flamingo background paper...what to do?  How about we make our own? Using the Playful Background stamps (141920) we stamped background paper.  The solid dot stamp was inked and the stamped off before being stamped on the Whisper White and then the open dot stamp was stamped with first generation Flirty Flamingo ink...voila!  A beautiful background!







Fruit stand card and clear box
Fruit Stand Friends
Look how Cindy's card goes with the clear box we made!  The Fruit Stand DSP is so cute and versatile (141660).  The colors are bright and cheery and the reverse sides are good for "non-fruity" uses!
The box uses the Best Badge Punch (140633) and the Badges & Banners (141610) stamp set along with some gold sequins and a white twine bow.  This is a super easy and quick way to make some appreciation gifts!













Cookie Cutter friends for the holidays
Cookie Cutter Holiday twins

And last, but certainly not least, are the Holiday treats we made.  Both of these treats used the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch (140396).  The Santa came from the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set (142043) and the vampire is from the Cookie Cutter Halloween Stamp Set (142255).  How ingenious to have two stamp sets use the same punch!  You can buy these three items and some Christmas and Halloween DSP and have all of your holiday needs met.  The popcorn box (141473) is fun, isn't it?  You can cut two sheets of paper at once with this thinlit, so you'll have your treats done in no time!











We had so much fun on Saturday night!  Friends, stamping, cake, champagne, and treats...who could ask for more?  Thanks Cindy, Linda, Teri, M'Liss, Heather, Jen, and Virginia for being part of my birthday celebration.

Joyful Stamping,
Elizabeth

Comments

Popular Posts