Stretching Myself

I had so much fun being a display stamper for the November OnStage in Kansas City, that I've decided to apply again.  I know how it works and what to expect now, so I think I can do a better job this time!

I think the most fun part was visiting with all of the other display stampers when we were setting up the displays.  Everyone is so nice to each other and so positive and complimentary about each other's work.  Stampin' Up! stampers are so wonderful, we uplift and support each other always!

The application requires three card fronts, a scrapbook page, and  two 3-D items.  I had so much fun stamping with my new Occasions stamps.  I really stretch myself on one of them...you'll see...I'm saving it for last!

Card Fronts

Lefty wanted to help with the pictures!
I was trying to get some good pictures and Lefty decided that she needed to help! She's so thoughtful that way!
Dragonflies are our friends
I'm not usually a dragonfly and butterfly kind of girl, but I'm enjoying this set.  The phrases are great and I love the little dotty border stamp.

There's one in every group!
I love this little shaker card!  The crazy haired chicken cracks me up.  Her friends are just hanging out acting like respectable chickens...and there she is!  Acting a fool!  There's one in every group and if you aren's sure who it is, it's probably you!

You CAN do this!
I made this card thinking about a friend who is going through some relationship issues. You can do this...you can spread your wings and be you.  You may not need to fly away, but you definitely can show off who you are.

Scrapbook Page
Lefty's First Christmas
I had these frames left from another project and they look just like polaroid frames (I used one on the "Hey Chick" card also).  Lefty was only about three months old on her first Christmas and she had so much fun exploring and getting into everything.  She checked out the cookies in the oven, helped clean the dishes, attacked the stockings, explored the Christmas tree, and enjoyed the ribbon, paper, and boxes!

3-D Items

Cookies for You!

Cute Egg Carton
I am loving these egg cartons!  I didn't even have to spritz it with color to make it cute.  This is a little container for cookies...I stamped some baking implements in real red, pacific point, and daffodil delight on whisper white paper and made a belly band out of it.  I tied real red grosgrain ribbon around it and added a cute tag to it.  Someone's going to love getting this gift!

And here it is...my favorite.  The one that really stretched me.

The Victorians were strange; they explored the world, loved science, and enjoyed natural things but they also made things from nature.  There are tons of displays of stuffed birds, small animals skulls, and bugs.  They called these curios. They would display some of these in, wait for it, curio cabinets.  I was on Pinterest one day killing time (LOL) and came upon some of these curios.  I was very intrigued by them.  Here are a couple of examples.
Butterflies arranged on a branch

Bugs around a painting of a lady
See what I mean?  Weird

These made me think about things I could do with the Beetles & Bugs stamps.  I made a couple of specimen trays and then went kind of crazy.  I stamped this sort of kaleidoscope thing.
Stamped Bug Curio
I love the effect of the moths...the outsides of them form a circle and the insides form a square.  Bugs seem way less creepy when you use pretty colors on them, by the way.

It needed a cool frame to really make it stand out.  I used a sheet of 12 X 12  Early Espresso cardstock and cut a square in the center for the curio.  The frame was boring so I looked for things to jazz it up.  I punched butterflies from Early Espresso with both of the butterfly punches and attached them all of the way around the frame stacking a little one on top of a large one.  
I attached the curio to Very Vanilla cardstock and attached it to the back of the frame.  I mounted the whole thing on a piece of cardboard for stability and added Delightful Dijon mini-stripe ribbon as a hanger.  
Here are two pictures of the finished curio.  I took one at an angle so you could better see the butterflies around the frame.

Look at the cool butterflies around the frame!

Insect Curio ready to display on the wall
I had to buy the Beetles & Bugs stamp set for an Occasions and Sale-a-Bration swap, but I am so glad!  They are so cute and have really made me stretch my imagination!

Joyful Stamping,
Elizabeth










Comments

  1. Gorgeous work and thank you so much for sharing! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thank for making me stretch myself with the Beetles & Bugs stamps!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts