I Was Smitten with Mittens!

Hello Stampy Friends!
I simply fell in love with the Smitten Mittens Stamp Set and matching Framelits!  I made a zillion cards with them and ended up making almost ALL of the ornaments and decorations for my Christmas tree, too!  Yes, I realize that I can be a little bit obsessive when it comes to my Christmas tree!  When Charlie and Taylor quit even pretending to do any more to help me than getting the tree out of storage for me, I set myself free to do whatever I wanted with it!  I love having a theme, finding or making the ornaments, and decorating it (and wrapping the gifts to match) .  P.S. I also wrap fake gifts so that the tree won't be lonely before the shopping gets started...

I decided on Real Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White as the main colors with accents of Pool Party.  I even found some Pool Party ribbon at Michael's that had shiny Real Red polka dots!  I ordered some small wooden embroidery hoops on Amazon so I could create some faux candlewicking ornaments.

I cut out so many mittens with my big shot that I might have thrown my shoulder out of joint...no really.  You can only cut out one of the mittens with all of the cut-outs in it at a time.  And they are SO cute with a contrasting color behind them!  Of course I needed a lot of them!

I made a garland of mittens using simple white mittens with various colored wrist bands.  I glued them to white baker's twine...actually, I sandwiched the baker's twine between two of the same color wrist bands so the Multi-purpose glue wouldn't stick to everything else on the Christmas tree!

I found a template for a tiny house somewhere on the interwebs.  I cut out 8 or 9 of them from Stampin' Up! Cardstock and decorated them with stamps from the Smitten Mittens Stamp Set, tiny wreaths, ribbon, and Stampin' glitter!  They are so adorable!!

As a bonus, I saved one whole set of the stockings from the November Paper Pumpkin kit for my mantle!  I attached the small clear command hooks to the mantle and strung more white bakers' twine between them.  Then I attached the stockings to the twine with the mini clothes pins.  After I had them all spaced evenly, I went back and added a strand of battery-powered led lights along the top of the stockings.  Since the lights could just rest along the stockings, I didn't actually clip them to the stockings.  Since Charlie stores his bicycles in front of our non-fireplace, you can't get that close to the mantle so I wasn't worried about anyone knocking the lights off.

Here are all of the tiny houses, the garland, and the Mitten Ornaments...I'm still Smitten!






The is my faux candlewichking mitten.


Check out this mitten garland.  And my perfectly Pool Party with
Real Red polka dots ribbon!
These tiny houses are adorable, but a pain in the be-hind to make!
Haha!  I hid the battery pack in that Santa mug on the left end of the mantle!
Here's my whole tree.  You can't see much, but you can tell that my gift wrap matches!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, a Joyful Hanukkah, a Happy Kwanza, and a great season of celebration with your friends and family!

Here is to a 2018 filled with joy and stamping (that's redundant because they're the same thing!)

Joyful Stamping,
Elizabeth

PS - I'm presenting at OnStage in Ft. Worth in April!  Yeeha!


Comments

Popular Posts