Petunia's OnStage Presentation


Welcome to Petunia's Blog Post!


Petunia is so excited that you are here today!  She has been bouncing off the walls since we left OnStage...well as much bouncing off the walls as bulldogs ever do!  She has been so excited for this blog hop.  Silly puppy!

We had so much fun on stage stamping with y'all! I had no idea that it would be that much fun.  Thanks to all of you for laughing in all of the right places and for making Petunia feel pretty.

I hope you all ordered the Sitting Pretty Bundle as part of your Petunia Purchase Premier.  I know that this set is going to be a great class for you!  I am going to show you the samples that I created on stage; you can recreate them and show your customers now so they can go ahead and buy the  Fortunate to Know You stamp set before it retires.


I charge $15 for my card classes or class is free with a minimum purchase (minimum purchase is only $20.)  We make six cards, two each of three designs. I have one card that is more complicated; it either has more steps, more stamping, or a combination.  We make this card first so if they have to leave early or if they just get behind, they can stamp the other two cards and take it all with them to finish at home.

If you remember from my presentation, I used the Stamparatus to speed up the process of everyone in class stamping all of the Petunias, plants, benches, and birds.  To do this I made templates of all of the framelits that have coordinating stamps. (I would have taken a picture of the templates and inserted them here, but Petunia is kind of over pictures right now!)

Then I placed them in the Stamparatus on top of my grid paper wrapped foam pad.  I stamped the outline of Petunia on the grid paper so that each person could be sure their Petunia was properly aligned before they started stamping!  Then you line up the spotty party of Petunia and stamp away!

I embossed a piece of Shady Spruce with the Layered Leaves Dynamic Textured embossing folder because it's my favorite...you can use your favorite embossing folder;  Petunia will love it just as much!

I used the flagstone embossing die on the oval and went over the flagstones with Gray Granite ink to bring out the texture.  After that, it's just a matter of stamping the message on the Gray Granite stripe and putting everything in place with dimensionals.
She really does miss you!  She had such fun at OnStage!


The next card is a card style that I found on Pinterest by Laura Milligan.  It starts with a normal card base, except you cut off the card front...just leaving 3/4" along the fold.  I made my card base from Powder Pink.  I took a 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" piece of thick whisper white cardstock and embossed it using the basketweave dynamic embossing folder.  The thick whisper white gave it more body and it held up better with the added weight of the circles and the plant.  The basket weave embossing seems to weaken the fibers somewhat, which is great if you are making an actual basket, but not so great if you want it to hold up as a card base, so the thick cardstock is the better choice here.

I wrapped the gingham Night of Navy ribbon around it before I attached it to the Powder Pink card base.  Remember don't tie skimpy bows in class because you teach your customers to tie skimpy bows!  And then your bows look skimpy...and Petunia HATES skimpy bows!! 

I cut three stacking circles, with the top one being whisper white.  I stamped the sentiment on it in Night of Navy.  I stamped one of my big-shotted (can big-shot be a verb??) plants with the stamparatus with a Gray Granite outline, Shady Spruce leaves, and a Merry Merlot pot and attached the tiny bird to it with a mini dimensional. All of that got attached over the ribbon for an easy card that only looks like it was a ton of work!  Aren't those the best kind of cards?  The ones that look like a ton of work, but aren't?
This card has the Petunia Seal of Approval


The last card I showed you was for my friend Kathy, who keeps getting new additions to her family! I mean seriously, when is it going to be enough?  How many puppies does she need? LOL
Petunia endorses more puppies!

I love this card!  I just cut open the top of the take out container from the Fortunate to Know You stamp set and placed Petunia in there like she's popping out!  Isn't she adorable? Petunia loves this card.  It makes her feel so special!

I can't wait for the May blog hop so I can show you all of the other cards that I made that ended up being too complicated to show in the short 8-10 minutes that I had for my presentation.  And the card that I made for the Presenters' Swap!  Petunia is being such a scamp in that card!  She got herself in some serious trouble, let me tell you!

If you have any questions about anything that I did, what I used, or any of my colors, or even what it's like living with a diva like Petunia, drop me a line.  If you don't have a demonstrator and you want to place an order click here. Remember that the retiring list is out, so something that you have your eye on might be retiring and you don't want to miss it!  Also the retiring colors are available while they last, so if you can't bear to part with chocolate chip or peekaboo peach, now is the time to stock up!!

Thanks for stopping by...please hop on to Jessica's blog by hitting the Next button or if you started here, go visit Sherry by hitting the Previous button!

Joyful Stamping,
Elizabeth

                                                       





Comments

Popular Posts