July 2018 Color Challenge

A Color Challenge Good Enough to Eat!

June was British, but July is distinctly American!  What do you think about in the summer?  I think about gardens, farmers' markets, homemade ice cream, pies, corn on the cob, and cook outs!  This challenge has the some of the best parts of those.  Behold...the July Challenge!

Strawberries, blueberries, and red gingham... don't those just say picnic to you? They do to me.  Of course, it's usually too hot for a picnic in July.😊  We had some great entries in July and I couldn't pick just one, so I decided to feature them all!

Karen Day submitted this one before her great RV track across the
country with her entire family!  I love the brusho background and the red flowers.
And the Night of Navy gingham is my absolute favorite!
Great Job, Karen!

Look at this beautiful card made by Audra!  I love these red sunflowers!
Her card is Mint Macaron, and I think she's using the Night of Navy piece
 of the Artistic Expression DSP.  And more of my favorite ribbon!
Gorgeous Card, Audra!!
Kay Cogbill actually played along on this challenge!  This is a lovely, simple card
and would be great in a class!  Her card base is Mint Macaron, her boats are Real Red
and Night of Navy, and her ribbon is Real Red.
Nice card, Queenie!
And last, but not least, here's my card.  My mint macaron is the hand stamped
gingham paper behind the red ribbon.  It's prettier than it looks because
I ended up covering most of it up.  I watercolored some shimmery white paper
with Night of Navy ink, let it dry, and then stamped the jars on it before cutting them out
with the framelit and my big shot. I stamped the brushes and colored them with Stampin'
Write Markers.  This was a fun card to make.

Happy Summer Everyone, I hope you're enjoying the color challenges!

Joyful Stamping,
Elizabeth




Comments

Popular Posts