Bone-sigh #simplestamping

#simplestamping

Two Simple Ways to Say Thank You

Bonsai is pronounced "Bone-sigh" it uses cultivation techniques like pruning, root reduction, potting, defoliation, and grafting to produce small trees that mimic the shape and style of mature, full-size trees. My dad loved bonsai trees, he tried pruning some himself but didn't do great at it, but he loved maintaining bonsai trees that someone else had created! He would snip and mist, pat the moss (and change it if he felt like he needed new moss), and do some landscaping with rocks.  

The "All The Good Things" Stamp Set, 146558, $19.00, reminded me of my dad when I saw it (he also had a koi pond at one point!)  
All The Good Things - 146558

I wanted to make one more #simplestamping card for the Thank You card challenge that Sara issued at OnStage before changing to Valentine's Day cards.  So I decided to use this stamp set to make the card. Then when I got started, well, I couldn't stop!  I had to make two!


Bonsai with color

     I stamped this one several times to get this card.  But first, prepare yourself, I cut the sentiment part apart from the bonsai tree! Gasp!  Yes, I did it.  I wanted to be able to stamp it separately in different colors and cut it out as a rectangle. I first colored the bonsai leaves in Mossy Meadow, the tree trunk in Soft Suede, and the pot in Grapefruit Grove.  It was a little flat, the pot was too light (and the rocks needed their own color) and it didn't feel very alive
     I tried again and inked the whole branches part with Old Olive and then added highlights with Mossy Meadow and Tranquil Tide Stampin' Write Markers.  I very carefully colored in all of the trunk with Soft Suede.  Then on the pot, I colored the rocks with Cajun Craze and the pot with calypso coral.  This really brought the tree to life and the pot looks like an actual pot!  Up close you can see all of the lines and knots on the trunk and the leaves look amazing!
     To emphasize that this is a thank you card, I stamped the "Thank You for Your Thoughtfulness" stamp multiple times as the background for the bonsai tree.  I used Old Olive and used both first and second generation stamping.
     I used the Mossy Meadow and Tranquil Tide Stampin' Write Markers to color the message.  Then I cut it out and mounted it on Tranquil Tide Cardstock and placed it right below the bonsai tree (both the tree and the message were attached using Stampin' Dimensionals.)

     I only used Stamps, Ink, and Paper...it is technically a #simplestamping card, but it doesn't look like it!  This next one is completely a simple card!

Sepia Bonsai

     I could just so see a little Japanese man taking pictures of his bonsai trees in the early days of the camera!  His prized possession being photographed using his newest obsession!
     I just couldn't wait to make this card using sepia tones. I started by inking the edges of the notecard with Soft Suede using a Sponge Dauber.  I brought the ink into the corners to make it look like an old photo.  
     I put the two pieces of the stamp back together on the block by matching the cut marks!  I inked the whole stamp with Sahara Sand and then used the sponge dauber to ink the edges of the stamp with Soft Suede.  You can see that the center of the leaves on the tree and the center of the pot are lighter than the outer parts and the trunk.
     When I finished with the stamping I inked up a sponge brayer with Sahara Sand and lightly inked up the notecard with Sahara Sand to make the whole card look old.  THEN (being a Virgo who has to have every thing perfect) I did the same thing to the envelope and stamped the "Thank You for Your Thoughtfulness" sentiment on the front of the envelope, because No Naked Envelopes!

I hope you love these as much as I do!  Feel free to CASE these in your upcoming classes.
Joyful Stamping,
Elizabeth
#simplestamping
#thankyou
#spreadjoystamping



Comments

Popular Posts