Valentine's Day & A Color Challenge!

Poor Charlie!

You know, I do sometimes feel bad for him; he never gets a card that's just for him, he always has to share his card with either a card class, my blog, or in this case my blog AND a color challenge!  But, sssh! if no one tells him, he'll never know!

All of the goodies I used for this cutie-pie card!
I loved the idea of a card made with Melon Mambo, Smokey Slate, and Basic Gray that I found at The Paper Players Color Challenge, it seemed perfect for a Valentine's Day Card.  Plus I've been wanting to do something else with the stamps that came with the January Paper Pumpkin and this was the perfect place to use them!  Look at the picture above!  So much Valentiney goodness going on!


Those birdies are so cute!
I hated that I didn't use them on the
Paper Pumpkin Treat Boxes!
There is so much going on here!  I stamped the Melon Mambo card front with the flowing hearts stamp from the Forever Lovely Stamp Set (148624, $21.00) before embossing it with the Tufted Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (146335, $9.00).  I mounted it on my Basic Gray card base (I stamped something sweet on a piece of Whisper White on the inside and I WILL keep that part secret just for Charlie!).  I added a piece of Smokey Slate cardstock, a pearlized doily, and a banner that I stamped with the stripe stamp from the Incredible Like You Stamp Set (148708, $17.00).
I added a few loops of the Rose Metallic Thread behind the doily and then I punched out a piece of Smokey Slate and Melon Mambo using the new Story Punch and layered those on top of the doily to showcase my birdies.

Then I got to out my Paper Pumpkin Stamps!! I stamped the birdies, the hearts, and the three messages on Thick Whisper White.  I colored the birdies with the light and dark Lovely Lipstick Blends (147281, $9.00), which look so much like Melon Mambo that you would be hard pressed to tell the difference!  I cut all of my banners out and glued them in at cute angles!

I love this card SOOOO much!  I hope Charlie appreciates the gift of time and creativity that I put into this card, because it's also his Valentine's Day gift!  LOL


Joyful Stamping,
Elizabeth




Comments

  1. So cute! I love the Valentine birds. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Valentine birds. Fabulous use of the colors, too. So glad you joined us at The paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts