Make a Statement


Making a Statement with Floral Statements Stamp Set

Floral Statements Stamp Set (144701)


The Floral Statements Stamp Set is one that I was intrigued by from the moment I saw it in the Annual Catalog.
I wasn't sure what to do with it until I saw the new similarly-made birthday stamps from the Occasions Catalog demonstrated at OnStage, then I had lots of ideas for the Floral Statements Stamps! This past weekend I finally had time to sit down and play with them.

I Love How Differently They
Turned Out!

A Rose to Say Thanks!

I wish people sent me roses to say thanks, don't you?  With the set YOU can start sending roses to say Thanks!
I Heart Blends

I stamped the Thanks card in black Memento ink and colored the roses with the Lovely Lipstick, Mossy Meadow, and Old Olive Blends.  I also had to color a few of the letters with the "light" Basic Black Blend because the "A" and the rose around it didn't stamp well, and evidently I needed to reink my Memento pad! I wanted the leaves to look like real rose bush leaves, so I colored the tips of most of the leaves with a touch of the light Lovely Lipstick Blend, the light Old Olive, the dark Old Olive, and the light Mossy Meadow.  When I finished all of the leaves and stems I went back and added a few deep spots with the dark Mossy Meadow Blend.


I didn't want a big white rectangle on my card so I cut out the Thanks/Roses closely around the roses and letters. I wanted this card to have a classic feel to it, so I used a piece of the Black and Silver 1/4" Striped Metallic Ribbon (148486) from the Classic Garage Suite and some silver frizzle, the silver strand from a piece of Silver & Petal Pink Baker's Twine (146288), behind the Thanks.

I mounted the decorative piece on a piece of the Old Olive Striped DSP from the Needlepoint Nook DSP (148807) using Stampin' Dimensionals and then mounted the whole card front on an Old Olive card base.  When I finished I decided that it needed a little something extra so I added three Lovely Lipstick Enamel Dots (148805) from the Happiness Blooms Suite. 

Hello, Apple Blossoms

Arkansas's State Flower is the Apple Blossom; the flowers on the Hello card could easily be Apple Blossoms, so I have decreed them as such!


Watercoloring is so rewarding!

I stamped the Hello/Apple Blossoms Stamp on Shimmery White paper with VersaMark ink because I planned to watercolor the flowers. I used Petal Pink on the blossoms.  I painted them lightly the first time to be sure they all had a nice wash of color and while that was drying I painted the leaves and stems with Mossy Meadow.  Mossy Meadow doesn't paint as dark as you think it would, but it does layer nicely so you can build it up to the level of dark you want.  When I had the leaves looking like I wanted them to, I went back to the blossoms (after cleaning my Aquapainter very well!) to darken up the edges of the petals and the buds.

What a lovely Hello!

After everything dried well, I added two pink and one clear Frosted Flower Embellishments (148782) to the flowers on the card front. I layered the card front on a piece of Mossy Meadow.  I cut a piece of the Petal Pink Handwriting DSP from the Share What You Love DSP (146926 )  and tied the pieces of petal pink and white twine that were left from the Thanks card around it (remember I pulled the silver frizzle out of it).  I attached the Petal Pink Handwriting DSP to a Petal Pink Card Base and then attached the card front to this using Stampin' Dimensionals.  I love how soft and sweet this card feels! 

Now I have a Funny Story!


We finally had a nice day outside, it wasn't raining, the sun was shining, and a dandelion was actually blooming! I needed to take pictures of several cards and decided to take them outside on the grass, because I could do so and not get wet OR freeze to death!


She's just checking things out...
seeing how she can "help"!

But someone saw me doing something fun and decided to come "help"! Her first pass wasn't very damaging, but on her second visit, Lefty really "helped me out"! 🤣

Catzilla helps arrange the ribbon and silver frizzle!

Yes, she decided that the ribbon and the frizzle needed some reworking and that she was the best one to take care of the issue!  This is what happens when you take pictures outside on the first nice day...Catzilla wants to help! 👾

I know you're dying to get your hand on this stamp set, some Blends, and an Aquapainter or two...so hop on over to my website to order them now! (It's still Saleabration, you know!)


Joyful Stamping,
Elizabeth and Catzilla (she prefers Lefty!)

PS - Please excuse my crazy array of fonts in this post!  Blogger would NOT behave last night!  I actually brought half of this text into Pages today so that the fonts would at least be the same size and that you could read it (because half of the words were tiny!), I don't know why Blogger wouldn't put things in the correct font when I brought the text back!  I consider myself a smart person and pretty good with computers but Blogger makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes!  Who's with me?























Comments

Popular Posts