Needlepoint Sampler

Anything For This Friend

My Stampin' Bestie, Patient  Zero, Personal Cheerleader, Part-Time Psychiatrist, Fellow Virgo, and Upline, Kay Cogbill, asked me to make her an over-the-top, spectacular display for the workshop that she and her friend Erica held the day before OnStage in San Antonio.  And since Kay IS all of those things for me, I can never tell her no. But, don't tell her that, ok?

We discussed which Stamp Set I should use; she really left it up to me. I hadn't done much with the Needlepoint Nook Suite and there are so many colors in it that I felt that it would be a good choice for a big splashy spread that wouldn't make you feel like you were stuck in a match-matchy rut!  I wanted to show the versatility of the Suite and explore the colors it offered.

I had the idea that I was going to give you a list here of all of the products I used making the things for Kay's soiree - HA! I made that list and I used so many different things, so many stamp sets, framelits, colors of cardstock, punches, and accessories, that you would have given up before you got to any of the pretty pictures!

So I'm just tell you that the main focus was the Needlepoint Nook Designer Series Paper (which still makes me swoon over its beauty!) and my main colors were Blushing Bride, Highland Heather, and Night of Navy, with Balmy Blue and Poppy Parade being right behind them in the color usage pie chart!

And now, with no further ado, may I present Needlepoint Nook as designed and created by me for my Stamping Bestie, Kay Cogbill, on the Occasion of her Stampin' Soiree in San Antonio.

How could I NOT make needlepoint?

I added the Statement of the Heart to this.  It just makes my
heart happy!

Update: I gave this to Kay to display in her craft room at our April team meeting!
I knew that she would love it and that she would find a pretty place to display it.


I actually needlepointed on top of the stamps!  Oh, and to
make the Whisper White Baker's Twine match, I dyed it
in alcohol and ink!  It dyed great, dried fast, and
and seems to be color-fast!

Chocolate Bar and a Card all matchy-matchy!




I think the Night of Navy gingham ribbon makes
this suitable for a guy gift.






I wonder if anything is in this pillow box?
Maybe I should go check!!

I made these two little gifts as thank you for
a helpful friend at work.  I think the big
paperclip would be fun to use on important
papers!!

The Berry Burst one has three tiny gift enclosures.


The Highland Heather one has covered post-its

Sometimes we just need a card to tell people how great they are!

I actually crocheted a tiny piece of a scarf to match these boxes!!
It's possible that I'm a bit of a perfectionist! LOL

I made fake French Knots on a lot of these
using the Pearl Jewels and Stampin' Blends.
That's the only way I can make French Knots!


This is a close up of the layers on the top left corner
of the yarn holder.  There should be a Miss Creative
pageant!  Probably the only one I would have a chance at!

Here's the gift box that I made for the scarf that
I made to match the box and yarn holder!
Yes, that's Paper Pumpkin tissue paper!

I must admit that these three are my favorite cards!



I just love how sweet this looks!  It really
does look like a bit of sweet lace wrapped
around a bobbin and then pinned in place
with a little bouquet of flowers and a tiny
card tucked in down at the bottom!



Is this what people mean when they
talk about a calico cat?

And last but definitely NOT least - my favorite card out of all of these gorgeous things that I made!  I just love this one.  I don't know if it's that I just completely overdid it or it it's the tiny bit of vellum cardstock that I placed behind the "birthday", or if it's the fact that all of the Highland Heather bits just coordinate so well...of if it's all of that and more!  But here it is "Happiest Birthday To You"



There's just something about this card! I love how the embossed
words are sitting on embroidered flowers that are cut out from
one of the sheets of DSP!


Aren't you glad that I put all of the pretty pictures ABOVE the list of products that I used?  Because now you're probably curious about some things and you may actually dig into the supply list (s) below!  If you have questions about anything, please ask me in the comments, I'll be happy to answer you!

I hope you enjoyed the pictures of my Labor of Love for my favorite upline.  I had so much fun making these things; I really wanted to send her a display that she would be proud to show off to all of those Texas ladies! 

Joyful Stamping,
Elizabeth


Product List

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts