Music in my Soul


Last Thursday night was the end of season First United Methodist Church of North Little Rock, Arkansas Handbell Choir party!  I know what you're thinking; how can I get in on a rockin' party like that?? You can't.  You're just going to have to be jealous...LOL

We had a great season and played one of our hardest pieces on Mother's Day!  As much as I look forward to rehearsals starting in September, I also look forward to them ending in May.  It's nice to have nothing to do for a few months of Thursdays.

After all of the hard work that our director, Sandra, puts in I wanted to put in some hard work for her. I made her a set of eight notecards as part of our Thank You gift.  I wanted them to be music themed, but not so musical that she could only use them for music people!

I decided to use the Sheet Music Background Stamp stamped in Sahara Sand with other images stamped on top in Black Memento ink and then colored with Blends!  In my head this looked really striking...I sure hoped it would look as good in real like!  I wanted to use birds and flowers (oh and I wanted one of the cards that I could use as a #simplestamping callenge).

Here are the cards that I ended up making, along with my presentation (and the super retired ribbon that I found to tie them up with! LOL) I have to confess that I finished these at 9:30 last night so I had to take these photos in the big window at work; the marble window sill is nice, but the old radiator cover is less nice, LOL! But nicest of all is the lovely indirect sunlight that comes in at about 6:30 in the morning! Let's all agree that my radiator adds interest.

The Saraha Sand card bases give these cards such a soft feeling.  I had originally
planned to use Basic Black.  Now I am glad that I didn't because the
Sahara Sand gives them a feminine, but not girly air.


I won the Bird Ballad Stamp Set at our team meeting on Saturday!  This is
the first time that I have used it!  It's so sweet; I colored the birds with
just light pool party and dark petal parade and did very light blending between
the two colors.  And I love how the musical notes been through!


I happened to line them up on my Stamparatus so the their tummies
in a blank spot in the music.  It gives them nice shading!


I love the Bloom & Grow Stamp Set.  I colored the roses
with Poppy Parade on the center one and Flirty Flamingo
on the outer two roses.



I used small sentiments from the Song & Beautiful Stamp Set
on these three cards.


I think we all have a woman in our lives who taught us
what it means to be brave!


I didn't use this hummingbird much and he's so pretty!
He was fun to color and I love how the musical notes
enhanced his feathers.

And since the Sheet Music Background Stamp and
the Humming Along Stamp Set are both
retiring, this card is my #simplestamping
card for May!


If you love these cards as much as I do, you can get this assortment of stamps only ONE way!  How? In a Starter Kit!  That is the only way to get current and future stamps at the same time right now!  And then you'll get 20% off of everything else you order.  Who doesn't love a discount? I know that I enjoy my discount every time I place an order!

Go here to join!

Joyful Stamping,
Elizabeth



Product List

Comments

  1. Gorgeous cards Elizabeth! And Congratulations on your application! I hope you are selected and you are quite the artist! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts