Display Board Sample Creation

Eeek!  I am applying to make display board samples for OnStage in November!  I've never done anything like this before, but being creative and stretching myself is what I love most about being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator so I'm doing it!  Keep your fingers crossed for me!

The application requires three standard size card fronts, one scrapbook page, and two 3-D items by June 3.  I have the ideas for my 3-D items and I can do a scrapbook page with one hand tied behind my back so I started working on cards last night.  I want to make more than three so I can choose the ones that I think best reflect my creativity and style.

I started with this as my inspiration.  As soon as I saw it in the Crate and Barrel catalog I knew I wanted to make something like it.  I love the colors and the pattern is like the stamp in the Moroccan Nights set.
 I love these colors!  I chose Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Cucumber Crush, Real Red, and Calypso Coral to give my card this feel.
















I put the stamp on the block and got busy coloring it...by hand...with Stampin' Write Markers!  I had to take off my glasses so I could see the details well.




Look at that colored perfection!  I squealed when I put my glasses on and saw it.  LOL













And then I stamped it.  Oh.  My.  Gosh! So pretty!

I wanted to emboss in clear over it so it would be shiny.  I put it aside to thoroughly dry and got to work designing the card.  I cut a sample piece of paper to work with so I wouldn't get anything on this beauty! 

Once I had my general card idea I was ready to emboss.  I oh, so carefully stamped in Versa Mark on top of it.  I lined it up almost perfectly! I sat down on the floor out of the air conditioner wind to put on the clear powder and emboss. (I also spilled embossing powder on the floor, ha!)




Such shiny goodness!  I am totally in love!

 I trimmed it to size and then finished up the card by embossing the Cucumber Crush card base and using a thinlit to cut out the word "Hello" in gold glimmer paper. I even made a tassel from the Whisper White Thick Baker's Twine!

So...what do you think? I am totally in love with it!  I can't guarantee that I'll make a whole batch of them, or that I'll ever send this one to someone!




Comments

Popular Posts