Moroccan Nights

Have you looked at the Moroccan Nights stamp set, Moroccan washi tape, and the Moroccan DSP?  At OnStage 2016, when I was looking through the NEW catalog, I skipped right by those pages, lanterns, really?  So not my thing!  But then at the very end of OnStage everyone who was there was given the Moroccan Nights set and then Sara Douglass stamped with it and suddenly I wasn't over looking it anymore.

The paper is amazingly beautiful.  It uses colors that don't normally appeal to me.  If you look in my closet, these colors aren't there (well, except for the Dapper Denim, of course) and I tend to wear and stamp with colors that I like.  So yes, sometimes I match my cards!  Check out these paper swatches and see what you think.
Stampin' Up! Moroccan DSP swatches
The first six Moroccan DSP swatches
Stampin' Up! Moroccan DSP set 2
The other six Moroccan DSP swatches
The Washi tape goes with the DSP so well!  My favorite is the very vanilla one with the medallions on it.  What's your favorite?
stampin' Up! Moroccan Washi Tape Samples
Moroccan Washi Tape Samples

I had a washi tape class on Thursday night.  We used the Moroccan Nights stamp set, Moroccan DSP and Moroccan Washi tape and then when it was over everyone took home a Moroccan washi tape set to play with at home!  This Washi will be super pretty in my planner, FYI.

We started with the easy one in Emerald Envy to get the feel of the set.  I love the enamel shapes on this card!  The message is stamped in Delightful Dijon (do you know what set this stamp is from?) and the ribbon is Dapper Denim ruched ribbon.
Moroccan Nights card with Emerald Envy by Spread Joy Stamping
Emerald Envy is a great color for this Moroccan card!
The Delightful Dijon card took a lot of time not because it was difficult...just a lot of fussy-cutting!  We stamped the medallion down in the corner just below the washi tape and thank you banner to add a little depth. We added rhinestones and wink of stella to the windows of the open lantern, because of course we did!

Stampin' Up! Moroccan lantern card by Spread Joy Stamping
Moroccan lantern card.
And then came the complicated card! Layers and dimensionals, and more layers, and washi tape, and baker's twine...whew!  But look how beautiful it is!  Completely worth the time and effort! Oh I forgot there are gold doilies!!
Stampin' Up! Moroccan card featuring lanterns and washi tape by Spread Joy Stamping
Moroccan card with lanterns and washi tape
And last but not least, here is a card that I made using the Moroccan Nights medallion stamp with brighter colors.  I colors the Medallion stamp with my Stampin' Write markers to get the pretty mosaic effect.  This one probably DOES match something in my closet!  I'm pretty sure that I'm never going to be able to send this card to someone as I love it too much!
Stampin' Up Moroccan Nights Medallion card by Spread Joy Stamping
Moroccan Nights medallion card in Cucumber Crush

I highly recommend the Moroccan Nights Stamp Set.  It has those beautiful lanterns, the big medallion, a small star, and a border stamp that I haven't even used yet!  It goes with every occasion from thank you to birthdays.  If you'd like to know more about it, leave me a comment and I'll get back with you.

Joyful Stamping,
Elizabeth

















Comments

Popular Posts