#simplestamping Thank You Card Challenge

#simplestamping Thank You Card Challenge

At OnStage 2018 in Orlando, Sara Douglass challenged us to make a thank you card with an Annual Catalog stamp set, a note card, and ink.  #simplestamping cards should appeal to beginning stampers. While we all love to get crazy with our cards, adding ribbon, layers of paper, rhinestones, and die cut or punched shapes, cards like this, while beautiful can be intimidating for beginning stampers.  When we ask our friends to bring their friends to stamp with us and then we ask them to stamp a card with eleventy steps...we wonder later why they never came back!

Here's my take on #simplestamping, Crafty Creating, and Avid Stamping.

Thank You for All Stages of Crafters
The beginning of all three of these cards is the Stamp Set, Peaceful Place - 146689.  I stamped the scene in the background and kept it simple for the beginning stamper, then added for the Crafty Creater, and the Avid Stamper.


Beginning Stamper Thank You Card

For the Beginning Stamper, I stamped the scene in Gray Granite, the sentiment, "Thinking of you with gratitude for your part in my journey," in Mossy Meadow, and added the leaf also in Mossy Meadow for a little interest.  The scene fits perfectly on the note card and makes a sweet, simple Thank You card.

Crafty Creater Thank You Card
For the Crafty Creator, I stepped up the same basic card by adding blends in Dark and Light Old Olive - 144597, and Dark and Light Granny Apple Green - 147274.  I colored just the trees to keep the card quick and easy.  I used the Gray Granite Textured Weave Ribbon behind a piece Whisper White Card Stock stamped with Thank You (Thoughtful Banners - 141614) in Mossy Meadow and punched using the Classic Label Punch - 141491.

Avid Stamper Thank You Card

For my card (because no one would ever argue that I'm not an Avid Stamper, in fact some might argue that I'm perhaps a step past that!) I stamped the scene in Gray Granite.  I used a square stitched shape framelit - 145372, to cut out part of the scene.  I colored only that part of the scene with blends to really make it pop (Old Olive Light and Dark, Granny Apple Green Light and Dark, Pool Party Light and Dark - 144605, Shaded Spruce Light and Dark - 147938, and Soft Suede Light and Dark - 147273)!  I placed a piece of Whisper White Card Stock on the inside of the card front and then reattached the square using Stampin' Dimensionals. I used the same Gray Granite ribbon with a sentiment from "Thankful Thoughts" - 141522 stamped in Mossy Meadow on Whisper White Card Stock attached over it with Stampin Dimensionals.

I love how you can take our stamps, start with the same basic beginning of a card, and make the card that suits your comfort level, your skill level, or maybe just the time you have to stamp that day!

Joyful Stamping!
Elizabeth





Comments

Popular Posts