My Newest Obsession


Did You Even Think About Stamping On Wood?

Every quarter Stampin' Up! sends us the BEST magazine!  It's full of ideas for new techniques, class ideas, there's a message from Sara, and a host of other things that Demonstrators need. In the Stampin' Success that just came out there was an amazing idea that I CANNOT believe I haven't thought of yet. Stamping on wood.  Not just any wood, mind you, but wood in circles, in the form of key chains!  Cute circles that still have the bark on them, attached to hand made and stamped tags all ready to give to your friends.

Of course I had to head to the craft store with the rhyming name to find said wooden circles and key chain parts immediately! Lo and behold, next to the circles with bark still on them...smaller circles to make earrings.  So you know what I had to buy...yep, small circles and earring jewelry findings!

Are you ready to see my latest masterpieces?  I'm still learning, so be kind!! 

I made these two key chains immediately! The Magnolia Bud and these three
cheeky birds were perfect for the size of these circles of wood!  I made the
butterfly earrings and the blue "Delft" Tulip earrings as my trial pairs.

 I love how this Magnolia bud turned out! I used my watercolor pencils on
the magnolia petals to add some white and pale Flirty Flamingo to the petals
over the colors that I used to add shadows and shape to the petals with the
Stampin' Write Markers.  I blended the pencils with my finger!

Do these Birds seem cheeky to anyone else? These three down at the end of
the branch look like they could be in a '90's boy band to me! I
colored their dark areas in with the Stampin' Write marker first and then used the Coastal Cabana watercolor pencil to add the lighter color to their chests.

I made these sweet earrings with my stamping friend Cindy in mind!
We call her Butterfly because she loves butterflies! Don't tell her about them;
I want them to be a surprise!

I made these for me; I love blue and white pottery
and tulips and I made these to be like Delft Pottery
from Holland. I can't wait to wear them!

After I stamped and colored these I embossed them with clear embossing powder.  The key chains I embossed twice to give them a super shiny top coat and to make sure it was very protective.  I just did the earrings once; I don't think they'll need more than that.  There shouldn't be much banging into things while hanging from people's ears! I have a batch in the craft room where I have used the fine tipped glue only on the stamped images just to see how they look with just the stamped parts shiny.  We shall see tonight! (I have decided that I like the embossed ones the best.)

I am giving these away as prizes at the Joy Team Meeting  I can NOT wait.  They are going to flip their lids when they see them!! (Update - lids were flipped!  I also made one of them demo how to make them after giving her a short lesson and about 20 minutes to practice!  LOL! I let her keep the key chain she made and gave her a pair of earrings for doing the demo!  Thanks, Karen!)

I hope you love these and this inspires you to make some of your own!

Joyful Stamping,
Elizabeth



Product List

Comments

  1. I love, love your creations!!! Well done!!! Maybe I’ll be brave enough to give it a go. Was it hard to find the wood pieces??

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and simple, actually easy to make! Thank you Karen and Elizabeth for showing is how to do this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts