Creative Stampers Blog Hop - October Edition

 

It's fall here in North America (finally!) and the Creative Stampers are highlighting the season in this month's tutorial bundle and blog hop!

This gorgeous Blackberry Beauty Designer Series Paper is part of the Blackberry Beauty Suite and only became available in North America recently. As soon as I opened the package I fell in love! The colors are so rich and the gold accents set them off so well! Hats off to the designers at Stampin' Up! for designing these papers! 

Blackberry Beauty Designer Series Paper


I love the paper on the bottom row, two from the right. It's made so you can cut it in half and have two sheets that are 6" tall with flowers and branches growing up from the bottom. Then you can cut each half to the size of your card base, add a sentiment, and bam! instant card! Of course, I couldn't just do that, right? I'm pretty sure you expect more from me than something that easy!


I'm here for you split layer card

I'm naming this technique the "split layer' technique. Basically, I cut a 5 1/4" X 3 1/2" layer into three (roughly two the same width and one slightly narrower) pieces and separated them when placing them on the card front.

Behind these pieces I stamped the large "weed" spray LOL in VersaMark ink and then heat embossed with gold! I placed the three pieces on the front with the biggest gap over the gold embossing. Don't you love it??
Close up view of the gold embossing.

The gold that's already on the Designer Series Paper is really brought out by adding the gold onto the card front. I also embossed the sentiment in gold on Early Espresso to tie it all together. I added a small bow of linen thread to add to the rustic look of the card. A few champagne rhinestones finish it off.

Don't you just love this DSP? It's a show stopper all on its own, but add in some gold embossing and you stepped it up to a WOW card!

Now that you've seen this beauty, don't you want to see what else I made? You can when you get the Creative Stampers Tutorial Bundle! You can get it three ways: 1) be a member of my team, 2) make any purchase from me, or 3) purchase the tutorials for $22. 

But wait, there's more! We have a blog hop so you can see everyone else's extra project! Just click on the names below to hop through and see all of the gorgeous things we have made!



Joyful Stamping,
Elizabeth






Product List

Comments

Popular Posts